Today we are talking to Guillaume Clément, the COO at Dailymotion. And we discuss his transition from CTO to COO, advice for how to improve communication from the top down in an organization, and tough questions that must be answered when the data tells you one thing but your heart and culture tell you another.
All of this, right here, right now, on the Modern CTO Podcast!
Guillaume Clément is Dailymotion’s COO (Chief Operating Officer). He drives our strategy to exponentially scale our global platform. Alongside his Product Team, he has successfully pivoted the company’s entire platform from a user-generated content library to a Premium platform. Through high caliber road maps and unequivocal strategies, he is also behind the success of the company’s revamped consumer and advertiser experience.
Prior to joining Dailymotion, Guillaume Clément was head of the product department at Digiplug, driving strategic product roadmaps and product owners while overseeing Q/A processes and product validations.
Guillaume Clément is a graduate engineer from L’ENSEIRB-MATMECA (École Nationale Supérieure d’Électronique, Informatique, Télécommunications, Mathématique et Mécanique) of Bordeaux (France).
Founded in 2005, dailymotion is a global video streaming service that connects over 250 million entertainment-seekers to their personal world of news and entertainment. Built on a clever player, intuitive algorithm, and on carefully-selected recommendations made by our experts who love great videos, dailymotion is the one-stop place for enjoying stories from the best creators around in one heightened video experience. Dailymotion is currently owned by Vivendi and headquartered in Paris with offices around the world.
- Making the transition from CTO to COO
- Growth that Dailymotion has been experiencing
- How to approach a long term goal and not compromise on your values
- The ultimate vision of Dailymotion
- Working in a fully remote environment. How to keep the team energized and involved
- How Guillaume is working to improve himself. Centers around communication with the team and providing clarity on the vision
- Dailymotion’s recent re-organization. Read more about it here!